*****In August 2010 I contacted the LDS Church’s human resource department and they informed me they have moved this content to their internal network. It was only intended for the employees of the LDS Church. To see similar content please visit HERE *****
A Conversation on Leadership with Elder Bednar has received huge
attention on LeadingLDS. Many have shared with me how they have been motivated through watching it. It is such a unique
interview that gives a strong message of leadership and helps stimulate ideas for change. It has the
potential to make good presidencies great and to change the face of a
quorum/group/Relief Society and help create a focus.
Because of the great potential in this video clip I now purpose the first official LeadingLDS Leadership Challenge.
For leaders of groups (Stake Presidents, Bishops, HPGL, EQP, RS Presidents, etc)
1. Before August 15th find a time when each member of your presidency
can meet together and watch this interview with pen and paper.
2. Discuss promptings and insights and how they can apply to your group.
3. Create an action plan in writing of specific BEHAVIORS you will practice in order to see change in your group.
For counselors of a group
1. Forward this post on to your group leader and share with him or her your desire to complete this challenge before August 15th.
For everyone else
1. Watch it yourself in one sitting before August 15th.
2. Create an action plan in writing of specific BEHAVIORS you will practice in order to see change in your current calling.
3. Forward this post to at least one group leader and suggest they consider participating in the challenge.
The video can be seen below. By August 15th I will post a follow up to create a platform for ideas to be shared.